Round and rectangles are the two most common shapes of trampolines. They don’t only look dissimilar but act differently, too. Square, oval, hexagonal, and octagonal shapes trampolines are derived from the round and rectangular models.
So, what are the differences between round vs rectangle vs oval vs square trampolines? Round and oval trampolines are the better choice for safety; thus, they are used for recreation. But rectangle and square trampolines are the right options for gymnasts with higher bounce. Considering the price, the round trampoline is more affordable compared to the rectangular trampoline.
This article will cover the topic in detail so you get a clear idea about the debate amidst rectangular, round, oval, and square trampolines.
Rectangular vs Round vs Oval vs Square Trampolines
Let’s discover the differences between oval vs rectangle vs round vs square trampolines. This section will help you find the best shape of trampoline for you.
Due to the design, round trampolines provide a center-focused bounce. Hence if you are concerned about safe jumping, round models will suit you best.
On the other hand, rectangle trampolines are designed for even bounce throughout the jumping bed, which means you will get a quality bounce in the middle as well as on the edges of these trampolines. For gymnasts and athletes, rectangle models will be the right choice.
Now come to the round vs oval trampolines. Oval trampolines are very similar to round trampolines; thus, they provide central pulling bounce like the circular models bounce and a little like rectangle ones even bounce.
Square trampolines come with almost the same features as rectangle trampolines. So, the bouncing style of the square models will be almost the same as rectangle trampolines. But, if you consider square vs rectangle trampolines, rectangular models will provide better bounces.
So, whoever wants high-bouncing trampolines, should go for rectangle and square trampolines. And for small and safe bounces, oval and circular trampolines are the ideal choice.
If you require a trampoline to jump for one athlete, round models will be the best and safest options. But, for multiple jumpers’ rectangle, oval, and square trampolines are perfect models.
Read Also: Know the impressive benefits of trampolining
You may be wondering what the purposes of using rectangle trampolines vs round trampolines are. Well, round trampolines are designed for recreational purposes, whereas rectangle trampolines are used for competitive purposes.
You may have seen that the Olympic competitive trampolines (10×17 ft) come in a rectangular shape. The other two trampolines, oval and square shapes trampolines, are used for recreational and gymnastic purposes, respectively.
The weight limit of the trampoline is another major difference between oval vs round vs square vs rectangle trampolines. Usually, rectangle models come with a high weight capacity. Square trampolines’ weight limit is lower than rectangular trampolines.
Oval and round trampolines have lower weight limits. But keep in mind that some round and oval models can hold hefty weight; for instance, Acon 4.6 15 ft trampolines have 800 lbs weight capacity.
Read Also: 8 vs 10 ft trampoline
Rectangle trampolines have larger jumping spaces than the other types. Thus, they are ideal for gymnasts and trampolinists. If you do not haven’t larger space in the yard, but want the bounce of rectangular models, then a square trampoline will be your right pick.
On the other hand, round and oval trampolines are less spacious to jump. So, they are a good choice for a compact backyard.
Square and rectangular trampolines have more springs and are more spacious thus their assembly is quite time-consuming and requires more effort. On the other hand, round and trampolines assembly is relatively easier and needs lesser time.
In terms of trampoline cost, rectangle and square trampolines are expensive models, whereas oval and circular trampolines are quite affordable. In general, rectangle trampolines are the most expensive, and round trampolines are the cheapest ones. But there are exceptions too.
Round vs Oval vs Rectangular vs Square Trampolines Comparison Table
The comparison table below will explain the difference between rectangle, round, square, and oval trampolines.
|Comparison Topic||Round Trampoline||Rectangle Trampoline||Square Trampoline||Oval Trampoline|
|Jumping style||Center focused||Even bounce throughout the jumping bed||Even bounce throughout the jumping bed||Center focused|
|Bounce||Small bouncy||Very bouncy||Lesser than rectangle||Higher than round|
|Price||Very affordable||Most expensive||Between round and rectangle||Between round and rectangle|
|Weight limit||Low||Very high||Lesser than rectangle||Larger than round|
Comparing Different Shapes of Trampolines (Head to Head)
Now we’ll break down the difference among various shapes and types of trampolines.
Rectangular vs Round Trampoline
How do rectangular trampolines differ from round trampolines? Here are some basic differences-
- Rectangle trampolines come with sturdier frames than circular models.
- Round trampolines are budget-friendly options compared to rectangle tramps.
- Rectangular trampolines provide a higher bounce than round models.
- Circular tramps are quite safer for small kids than rectangle models.
- Rectangle trampolines offer even bounce throughout the mat, but circular tramps pull jumpers toward the center.
- Rectangular models have a higher weight capacity compared to circular tramps.
Round vs Oval Trampoline
Let’s investigate, is an oval trampoline better than a round model?
- Round trampolines are a good choice for single jumpers, but oval models are more spacious and have two center points at each end; thus, the extra space makes them ideal for multiple jumpers.
- Oval trampolines provide a little higher bounce than circular models.
- Round trampolines are quite safer for children than oval models.
- Oval trampolines are a little pricier than circular trampolines.
Read Also: Tips to make trampoline bouncier
Rectangular vs Oval Trampoline
What are the differences between oval and rectangle trampolines? Here is the quick answer.
- Oval trampolines are quite pocket-friendly than rectangle tramps.
- Rectangle trampolines offer a higher bounce compared to the oval models.
- Rectangular trampolines have a higher load capacity than the oval models.
Square vs Round Trampoline
Is a round trampoline better than a square model? Well, here are some points that will give you a clear idea regarding this.
- Square trampolines provide a higher bounce compared to the round models.
- Round trampolines are cheaper than square models.
- Square trampolines have a higher weight limit than circular models.
- Round trampolines direct jumpers towards the middle whereas square models provide even bounce all over the jumping bed.
See Also: Lifespan of trampoline
Rectangle vs Square Trampoline
Sometimes gymnasts may fall into the dilemma of choosing between a rectangular vs square trampoline. See their main distinctive features.
- Rectangular trampolines have a sturdier frame and more powerful springs than square models.
- Due to the size, square trampolines allow to accommodate them easily in the yard compared to rectangle tramps.
- For small kids square trampolines are quite safer than rectangle tramps. On the other hand, gymnasts prefer rectangular models for better bouncing capacity.
Oval vs Square Trampoline
Is an oval trampoline superior to a square model? Well, here is the quick answer.
- Square trampolines are quite bouncier than oval shape trampolines.
- Oval trampolines are a little cheaper compared to the square models.
People Also Ask
1. Which is better oval or round mini trampoline rebounder?
Ans: Oval mini trampolines come with extra space. So, if you need a mini trampoline for two jumpers that will be a good choice, otherwise, the round rebounders will be your right pick.
2. Are hexagonal and octagonal shapes of trampolines good?
Ans: Yes, hexagonal and octagonal shapes trampolines are a good choice for more space hence doing more trampoline tricks.
The golden rule is that round trampolines are designed for recreational purposes, whereas rectangle models are ideal for gymnastics. Rectangular trampolines are usually more costly than circular models. The features of oval and square trampolines lie between these two.
Now, you know the difference between rectangular trampolines vs round trampolines vs oval trampolines vs square trampolines. So, choose the right shape of the trampoline from these and jump happily!
Robert is a trampoline and rebounder trainer with a passion for blogging. He discovered his love for trampolining at a young age, when his father gifted him his first trampoline at the age of 9. Over the years, Robert has honed his skills and knowledge in the field, and now uses his expertise to train others.
Besides, helping fitness enthusiasts in the gym, Robert is very eager to share his knowledge and experience regarding trampolines and rebounder exercises with the readers of picktrampoline.com. He will share all you need to know about trampolines and rebounders in this blog. Get his tips on trampoline and rebounder!